‘Souping’ is the new juicing!
This is about replacing your regular meal with soups that are packed with vegetable content that ensures you get the adequate vitamins such as zinc and iron. It may not be able to completely do away with juicing, but it’s still a good stand- in. One of the biggest benefits of souping is that it gives you the fibre that is lost in the process of juicing. A soup cleanse aims to detox the body by giving it a break from excess sugar and other dietary evils.
Setting up a juice bar
- Plenty of diced veggies and fruits like orange, strawberries, apple, pear, blueberries etc.
- Have add- ons like honey, mint leaves and brown sugar.
- Place an array of interesting glasses, which adds fun to the serving.
- Plenty of stirrers.
- Keep accompanying bites like wheat cookies, low fat favoured yoghurt, salad etc in small plates and bowls.
* How juices benefit you??
1) Watermelon (hydrating) :- With the summer soon approaching, sip on watermelon juice – it’s 90% water.
2) Pineapple (infection fighter): – Pineapple juice has bromelain enzyme which prevents cough and cold.
3) Red grape juice (lowers blood pressure): – Drinking red grape juice daily helps lower blood pressure and cell damage.
4) Beetroot juice (helps digestion): – Beetroot has high fibre content and helps the functioning of the digestive tract.
5) Apple juice (liver cleanser): – Apples are alkaline and can effectively cleanse the liver.
6) Orange juice (vitamin C blast): – There’s nothing like orange juice to get a dose of vitamin C, which protects body from harmful effects of free radicals.